March 28, 2014

Blogging All Stars

Hello everyone!

How has your week been? I know some of you are in the throes of Spring,
 temperature wise. Next week promises the 50's, virtually balmy!

Freedom still eludes me, cast off, boot on, "Yes, you will still need the walker, and eight weeks of
therapy will get you on your feet, oh, and you cannot drive for at least four weeks".
 B U M M E R!

So let's focus on beauty and creativity and not my pity party. I am a visual maniac, beauty gets the creative juices flowing, and my utter addiction to Pinterest (my happy place)aids in satisfying that mania. This past week fulfilled my lust for gorgeous images, from three blogs in particular.





My hands down favorite written by Loi, chronicling his and partner Tom's homes, 
antique shop, travels and topiaries. The current post features their Washington D.C. garden,
 which is in the April issue of Southern Living magazine.
 Feast your eyes on this massively talented duo.......


  





Have you been to Pine Cones and Acorns? Another regular on my
visiting list, enjoying Elizabeth's take on all things beautiful.This post
features Australian, Coty Farquhar, renown for her romantic eye
and photographic skills. So, clueless me, did not realize that Coty's
work is available, as a free online magazine. Free is good! Here are
 some images, go HERE for to sign up




















Inspired? Enjoy the season!
Debra

12 comments:

  1. Dear Debra, it is perfectly fine to have an occasional pity party. As you know I have been through this, (still am actually) and at times it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    It DOES help to look at so many gorgeous Springtime images though. Thank you for making my day, my friend!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Artist William Glackens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debra, you are so sweet! Thank you for the shout out. I was scrolling down and nodding vigorously with your comments about Loi's amazing garden, and then was so happily surprised my own little blog next. Thanks for all the lovely things you said about my spring bash - it was a fun one to throw together.

    Have a happy, happy weekend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Debra,
    What a wonderful way to start the weekend - wow!! Thank YOU for your kind words. It means a lot as you're one of my design idols with an amazing garden design portfolio. And to be with Jeanne and Elizabeth is such an honor. I have such respect for them.
    Cheers, Loi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What gorgeousness. ;-) Hope you can keep your spirits up. Loi's gardens are to die for, and thanks for the introduction to the other two. Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three amazing blogs, could not agree more! And what beauty they each shared this past week....enjoy your weekend Debra, so happy the bench arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loi has been a great inspiration for me, especially to simplify which is hard for a hoarder. I didn't know the other two blogs but Elizabeth has commented on my blog. I wish I had more time to see who's behind the comments. But I will certainly follow along now.

    Sorry to hear that you're going to out of commission for a while longer. It must be frustrating as spring is rolling around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read I Dream Of. I must check it out. Debra I hear your pain I can only imagine how frustrating it is for an active person like you! It will pass!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is one of the nicest bloggers. He even answers questions from regular non-bloggers like me. His sense of style is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debra,
    I hope your boot transports you to the next level of returning to your active self. I love all three of these sites. Loi is such a talent and always so kind to comment on my own site.
    Have a wonderful weekend. I'm hoping to spend some serious time in the garden.
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing makes you want to get out and about more than being told you cannot. LOL!
    Thank you for sharing the loveliness.
    If I didn't love Loi so much I would surely hate him. :)
    I am unfamiliar with the others but I am headed to their sites now.
    Feel better!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That garden is incredible..........I too am in a 'funk' but those gorgous garden shots have cheered me up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the gardens in this home and had to pin an image. Thank you for sharing this gem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...