August 16, 2009

Escapism

We cried this week


Then we hugged


Followed by anger


What happened?


The shop was robbed, really robbed.................my irreplaceable antiques robbed, my spirit robbed. Who would do this to a small business................in these times? Has this ever happened to you? Write to me, we can commiserate together. What I really long for now is......................





I wanted to curl up and go to bed......................pass out type of going to bed




That not being possible I can take a get away in my mind and dream of far-off refuges. Want to come? For the moment?



This sparks my imagination!



Rocking to sleep over a running stream



Ever want to stay in an Ice Hotel...............great snuggling, where are those kittens?



Near a cool ocean breeze..................this calls for a Pina Colada with a long straw.




Around a camp fire, in style.




Waking up to a romantic view. Can't you imagine the adventure this morning would hold?



Or wake up screaming?!


Would you suggest this for your child's room?????




A warm cozy nook, a private getaway. Notice the shelves inside for your books, ticking clock, glass of red wine........sigh............




LOVE this! The cool crisp colors, the possibility of staying up with friends sharing secrets. Either of these nooks could be added to an existing room. Someday I will have a home to accommodate a nook.




Then there's, Eddie and Jaithan! And the best is to come. Next week sister and I have been invited to their farmhouse in Millford, NY. This "take me away" opportunity trumps any of the rooms in this post.
But will confess to getting nervous, both of us. How did we become so fortunate? Will we make giddy fools of ourselves!? Will sister get carried away with her notoriously famous "bag of tricks?"
Truly love these men. Enormously talented, gracious and headed for an amazing career. We are grateful for their generous hospitality. Will keep you posted...................



"When the heart grieves over what it has lost the spirit rejoices over what it has left" Sufi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...