December 21, 2009

IF I RULED THE WORLD...........


Yes, If I ruled the world...............this would be an international holiday..........The first day of Winter!
 
 
I know, few would agree............so guess it is best I am not in charge........

The business person in me can take a deep breath.......Christmas retail is nearly over, thank you dear customers!
 
A wild sense of freedom! 


 
I can stay home if I choose......oh, I will still be busy, think closets, drawers, massive quantities of paperwork (remember that snap of my office?), magazine pull-outs to organize.....a year's worth.  Friends to catch up with, live, via telephone and on blogs.

 
I may take a walk with my dogs

 
My gardens and clients gardens are at rest

 
This is a great time to look at your gardens..............really look.................is it interesting this time of year? Enough conifers, architectural elements, winter containers, berries, textural barks?


Here in the Chicago region, winter is nearly 6 months of the year. When I step outdoors or look out my windows I still want lovely views.





How about when you and guests pull up to your home/grounds, are you greeted with visual interest?


"When I no longer thrill to the first snow of the season, I'll know I'm growing old."
by Lady Bird Johnson 


I love a good snow, I see magic, I see sparkling diamonds, I see animal prints (whose could they be?). The architecture of trees, the curves of a bench, beaming lanterns, the lines of a gate.........all are enhanced with a mantle of snow.


It is sheer romance. Ever notice how the sounds of life become muffled and still?



Do you dream of far away castles, roaring fireplaces, hot soup and crusty bread, down comforters?
(Frau, is Germany magical right now?)



"A snow flake is one of God's most fragile creations, but look at what they can do when they stick together"
by   Anon


I am going to enjoy my new CD by Sting, his lusty collection of songs for winter



I am thinking of what this year's diet will be........sigh.........


Shortly, I will depart for my semi-annual buying spree and the shop will get a clean fresh look when I return with my new treasures. Come and see after January 12th.


My new book collection is staring at me.......The Shack,   The Help,   Why my Third Husband will be a Dog :-)    A Way of Living by Pia and Simon Pearce



I promise to keep the bird feeders full and interesting  






 
 See, smell and hear the season, maybe taste a snowflake........you never know what you might "see". Case in point.........Turtle Doves!

 
"It's a frequent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace"  
by Agnes M Pharo
                                                MERRY CHRISTMAS!
xxo
Debra

             The trip to Nashville with us is filling rapidly, we would miss you!   Here are the details.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...