March 10, 2022

 


SPRING!
Well almost...... here in Chicagoland there is still snow on the ground and more on the way
What to do, when we are longing for warmth and 
brighter days?

FAUX FLOWERS!
YES, my favorites, good faux's that is

I can hear the groans, but wait, let's explore the options
This is our floral room at the shop. Because actual flowers are so fleeting, we can enhance and extend 
the season
Adoring spring branches, say Apple or Cherry blossoms, but loathing how quickly they fade, I make my own.
* First cutting real branches
* glue faux blossoms to the stems.....viola!
Finding geranium blossoms from another project I separated the blossoms and buds




These will last
Poppy's, Muscari and fresh moss in a bark vase
Tulips, Pansies, Poppies, Fritillaria, Lily of the Valley, fern and moss
Tulips, Muscari, Daffodil, Lettuce leaves and a little 
friend I brought back from England
Tulips, and Lilac

                        
The best faux's, as in these tulips, are called 'Real Touch', they feel and definitely look real. Particularly fond of using these outdoors in containers with live plants, extending the season
See what I mean? Faux underplanted with live pansies
                         Can you even tell?                               

All faux.....think of these as "bridge" plants, taking you from one season to the next

If you have followed me for any length of time, you are probably surprised to see me in this format. Of late, it has been more INSTAGRAM. But when asked by this group of uber talented woman & treasured friends, I can only say yes and be grateful they asked . 

Pease read these ladies posts on SPRING REFRESH!


                          With love

                            Debra






























7 comments:

  1. That is genius! Gluing blossoms to real branches! I am going to try that one. I am all for faux if it looks real!! Those yellow roses you have in your shop look like David Austins! You are so talented ...always so inspired by your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Debra! You are amazing. FAUX?! Genius. I never would have guessed. The camilla branches that I used in my post are already fading fast.
    Those tulips with the pansies...such a welcoming sight! I hope I get to see you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra! I would have to agree that your flower shop within your store look exactly like the Columbia Road Flower Market. I just got back from London where it seems spring is a bit ahead of us here in the northeast. Your planter with faux tulips and real pansies is brilliant! I must say you could make a faux flower lover after all when they look this good!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra, I miss seeing your post! Please come back to blogging! Thanks for sharing your beautiful spring tips. Love the tulips, pansies and branches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been so long since you have posted on your blog, and I'm so glad to see you, Debra. What a terrific idea to blend faux and real flowers. Spring is my absolute favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU ARE THE WINNER OF THIS SERIES!
    WHAT A CONCEPT!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAN I SAY YOU ARE THE TOP OF YOUR CLASS?
    WHAT A CONCEPT!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...