However, just returning from the 'Mid-Am' horticultural show for the industry, excitement builds with the new introductions available in Spring 2010.
Here are some of my favorites;
- Repeat, YES, repeat bloom on and off all spring until frost....plus they are fragrant
- Zone 4-7, 4' high, full sun
- Improved 'Annabelle' meaning strong beefy stems that WILL NOT FLOP!
- Massive flower heads in full sun to part shade
- Zone 5+, 4-5' tall
- This is major, a PINK MACROPHYLLA HYDRANGEA!
- From the Annabelle family, not only pink but near continious blooming.
- Zone 3-9, 3-4' high (good in containers)
- As the name suggests, impatiens for the sun, or shade arrives in many colors
- Thick showy petals and dark leaves
- Drought tolerant
WEIGELA 'RAINBOW SENSATION'
- Fragrant spring flowers are a magnet to Hummingbirds
- Compact and very hardy
- I love the foliage color of variegated chartreuse, green and pink which will stand out all season
- Maintains a true blue splash all season
- Thick leaves are slug proof
- Low water needs!
FIVE FAVORITE TRENDS
Low maintenance, gorgeous colors, major texture
- I used to tease my Father-in-law...."Mr. Chemically Crazed".....that he could get Parkinson's Disease. His entire life was devoted to which chemical would solve every problem, in massive doses.He did and lost the battle.
- My own garden has it's issues; weeds, bugs.........but i have allowed an eco-system to evolve and a multitude of birds and beneficial insects have naturally kept the destructive bugs at bay.
Living walls....indoors and out
"make your soul blossom"
Who is eligible? Do I have to live in Chicago? No, everyone, living anywhere is eligible
Any hints? Yes, it is a service we already offer.... Your home and a makeover