photo courtesy of Pearachute Media
We all have internal gifts, be it the gift of gab, of charm, of good looks, or humor (that's a good trait), others a natural sense of style, an ease for entertaining, the skills of a master chef or maybe the "eye" for seeing the possibilities in everyday objects. Eddie Ross possesses all of the above and shares his knowledge engagingly.
The brilliant team of Eddie and partner Jaithan Kochar came for eight days and yes, did stay at my home and yes, that guest room did get cleaned..........and yes, we now miss them terribly
NOTE; CAN ANYONE POSTING IN BLOGGER TELL ME HOW TO CORRECT THE BLURRING OF A NAME/WORD THAT IS NOT IN THEIR DICTIONARY?
First was the WOW party, Without the Work, a how-to for easy entertaining that Eddie and I co-hosted. But, when you are hosting an event for 100, it takes many hands. See how fortunate we were, just like one on-going party!
My Notting Hill' (a long time favorite)
Marija, my new BFF and brilliant (yes.......I choose well ) designer and blogger of 'Holding Court'
Richard, the genius concrete artist, from Atlanta surrounded by the Scentimental Gardens "family". Sarah, Sister, Vicky and Susan.
Fresca/Vodka/lime summer refresher our sustenance through out.
Why 8 days of madness?
- getting my home ready for guests.........major
- preparing for the WOW event
- trying to open the new shop in Chicago SG Grand (take a tour!)
- Hosting the Grand Opening party for 300!
- Day after the party join Eddie and Jaithan at the Randolph Flea market for a Chicago Tribune story
- Next day, set-up, cook and host a garden party on my grounds.........the day after a mini tornado (read downed trees) for the Chicago Tribune story.
- Off to Dallas for the gift mart
- Currently setting off for my southern 8 day antiquing trip with my new friends Marija and Joyce.
- Dinner in Atlanta with Eddie and Jaithan, a happy reunion.
Next posts...........The how to's of the WOW party
The opening of SG GRAND with a surprise, think Ellen Degeneres and Oprah!
s t a y t u n e d